Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Multigrain Bread Makes for a Tasty Sandwich!

Amidst all the crazy running around in a holiday weekend, I was able to carve out a little time to try a new bread recipe.  So happy that I did too, because it made my sandwich for lunch taste awesome! After a busy morning of kiddie pools, changing 5 wet preschoolers out of their bathing suits and a rush to make their lunch before they crashed asleep, I was happy to grab a few minutes and have some down time!  This was my kind of down time too.  Iced coffee is one of my most favorite parts of summer and so simple.  Leftover coffee (because I always get too busy to drink it all) mixed with ice and homemade almond milk.  Sometimes I get a little more complex than that but there's just no need because this is simple and delicious!

[caption id="attachment_802" align="aligncenter" width="424" caption="Goat Cheese and Veggie Sandwich with Iced Coffee?? This is the life!"][/caption]

The bread I made this weekend was a dense loaf, but with so much flavor!  It used a ton of grains and seeds and I really couldn't wait to try it!

[caption id="attachment_804" align="aligncenter" width="640" caption="Just look at that texture!"][/caption]

Multigrain Bread Recipe for Breadmaker

Ingredients

  • 3/4 c warm water

  • 1 T butter

  • 1 t salt

  • 2 T sunflower seeds

  • 1 T sesame seeds

  • 1 T flax seeds

  • 1/4 c ground millet

  • 1 T quinoa, dry

  • 1 c bread flour

  • 1 c wheat flour

  • 1/4 c brown sugar

  • 1 1/2 T yeast


Directions

  1. Put water, sugar and butter in bread machine first.

  2. Mix all dry ingredients, except yeast, and put in bread machine on top of water.

  3. Put yeast on top of dry ingredients.

  4. Use basic cycle and lightest crust setting.


Simple and fantastic results!

In case you're wondering about my sandwich...

[caption id="attachment_803" align="aligncenter" width="640" caption="Veggie Panini"][/caption]

I won't go into a full recipe because there's not a right or wrong way to make it. I used 2 slices of the bread from above, added goat cheese, tomato, cucumber, pea shoots, alfalfa shoots and a bit of avocado and put the whole thing in my panini press just long enough to toast the bread and warm the goat cheese.  It was just the thing I needed this morning!!

Enjoy,

Sheri

No comments:

Post a Comment