Monday, May 21, 2012

Blueberry Fruited Pizza

It was a delicious weekend.  Friday afternoon the hubby and I headed out for a bike ride.  Fun, but I was starving when we got back.  I didn't know what I really wanted, but then I remembered the beautiful chunk of blueberry cheddar cheese I had been waiting to try.  I know, it might sound a little strange, but it was wonderful!  I am a cheese fanatic - the more "out there" the better as far as flavor combos.  Cheese is one of the most delicious things in the world!  Well, at least as far as I know.

So, I thought about making something with the blueberry cheddar but was at a loss.  Hmmm....what do you make with a flavor combo like that?  Lightbulb!  Pizza, of course!  Not just any pizza but a fruit salad pizza.  Not fruit salad like big chunks of fruit in a bowl, but a salad topped with fruit and other yumminess.

First, a pita shell was coated with blueberries and shredded cheese and popped under the broiler for about 5 minutes.  I mean, really, doesn't this look good enough to eat right now???

I had to stop myself.  It looked amazing.  But I had other plans in mind for this little pita pizza of mine!

I topped that gooey mess of blueberries and melted cheddar with a huge helping of fresh from the garden salad and then diced some market strawberries as the topper.

Fresh, healthy and calling my name!  I shredded a bit more of the cheese on top and couldn't wait for my first bite.  It was heavenly.  I will admit to all of you that I finished this one and made another.  Don't judge.  I biked 26 miles.  It's all good.

I love spring and summer with it's beautiful fruits and salads and warm weather!  A dish like this just wouldn't taste as fresh in January! :)

Enjoy,

Sheri

No comments:

Post a Comment