Monday, May 21, 2012

Apple Cobbler Donuts

I love my donut pans!  They have quickly become one of my favorite items in the kitchen and I love creating new recipes for it.  The daycare kids are very willing subjects for tasting all of my creations...



See those anxious faces?  They can't wait for these yummy donuts to finish cooling either!  What a way to start the day!



These were pretty simple, but very delicious!  I wish I could share one, but they are all gone!  Yes, 5 children and I finished every last one of the dozen off this morning.  Well, okay, we did have two left but that became snack.  :)  Snacktime is a perk of my job.

Apple Cobbler Donuts

makes 12

Ingredients:

  • 2 c flour

  • 1 1/4 t baking powder

  • 1 1/4 t baking soda

  • 2 eggs

  • 1 1/2 c plain yogurt

  • 2 T oil

  • 2 T honey

  • 2 small apples, cored, peeled and diced

  • 1 T cinnamon

  • 4 T sugar

  • Powdered sugar for dusting, if desired


Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 375F

  2. Spray 2 donut pans with non stick spray or grease lightly.  Put diced apples directly in cavities of pan.

  3. Mix all dry ingredients except powdered sugar, set aside

  4. In separate bowl mix all wet ingredients, add dry mix to wet and mix until combined, but don't overmix.

  5. Pour or pipe mixture on top of apples in pan.

  6. Cook for 10-12 minutes

  7. Remove from heat, flip out of pan to cool for a few minutes.

  8. Dust with powdered sugar if desired.


I hope your morning starts off as good as ours did because of these delightful morsels!

Enjoy,

Sheri

1 comment:

  1. These look amazing and not unlike your photo I'd have 4 little ones waiting for a change to dive in.

    ReplyDelete