Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Snickerdoodle Cupcakes and Biggest Loser - wait, what??

I think I've mentioned over the course of the past year or so that my hubby is a fan of snickerdoodles.  The snickerdoodle cookie sandwiches were a major hit around here and I was determined to make something even better.  (I know, I have a type A personality, it's a blessing and a curse.  Always looking to improve things is good example of that dilemma!)  Last night I was in the mood for cake.  But I told hubby that I wanted something out of the ordinary, not peanut butter, not chocolate, but something we don't have all of the time.  Then it hit me - well, first I actually was thinking something like caramel pecan cupcakes which I decided to just tuck away and figure out a recipe for another day - but, then it hit me - snickerdoodle cupcakes.

I knew hubby would approve so while Biggest Loser started in the background - anyone else see the irony of that??? - I set to work.  While I'm mentioning Biggest Loser, let me mention that I think this is the first season that I don't care who wins cause this season just sucks.  Big time.  They have effectively ruined my longest standing favorite show.  At least I now have Grimm which I faithfully sit and wait for every Friday night.  I know it's over the top, never could happen in real life sort of stuff and I guess that's why I love it.  I'm odd like that.

Anyway - back to the cupcakes!  I found a few recipes online and ended up morphing them into one.  The one I most closely used was Brown Eyed Baker's recipe.  I think she has the same sort of obsession with snickerdoodles that my husband does because she has more than one version of snickerdoodle goodies on her blog.  :)  A nice resource to be sure!!  And I only changed a bit here and there...swapped skim for the whole milk and cut the sugar back by about 1/4 cup.  It's a great recipe and I wouldn't expect any less!

So here's what I came up with...



Are you hungry?  Good thing, cause they're tasty little cupcakes!

I made a cinnamon cream cheese frosting only because we have a serious love for cream cheese frosting.  We did debate about vanilla vs cream cheese and of course cream cheese won!  (Insert appropriate shocked face here)  I don't really have a recipe for frosting.  I used softened cream cheese, powdered sugar and added dribbles of cream until I got the consistency I wanted.  Then I added a dash of cinnamon and my frosting was ready!

The cupcakes were a bit more involved, but not much!  I hope you have a chance to enjoy them soon!  I sent some in with the hubby at work last night just to avoid as much temptation as possible around here.  I know we run and bike a lot but the baking still can wreak some havoc on a figure :)

Happy Wednesday everyone!

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment