Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Off to a Good Start

You ever have a Monday that just feels so good it's hard to believe it's Monday?  That was my day yesterday.  I mean, it was just a GOOD day.  I love those.  I wonder if sometimes it's my approach to the day because I just started the day feeling good and that's how it went.  Only bad part of my day was one of those good/bad things.  My hubby works the night shift and he sleeps all day.  Well, usually he does if things go according to plan...yesterday was not one of those plan days.  But it meant that I had a reason to make lunch for me!  Usually I am a pb&j or larabar kind of person when lunch comes around.  I'm just so thankful that the kids all lay down for a bit of quiet time that I don't want to spend my whole "lunch break" making and eating lunch.  However, when the hubby's up, I like to at least make lunch worth him losing sleep.  So,  I made a white pizza.  And not just a white pizza but a white pizza with tomatoes and spinach on it.  Can you say yummy?  Cause it completely was.



I mean, what a beautiful pizza!! I made a basic pizza crust and then topped it with ricotta cheese, minced garlic, sa few sprinkles of Italian seasoning salt and then fresh grated Parmesan and Mozzarella on top of all of that.  I had to add some fresh spinach and halved cherry tomatoes to finish it out.  It smelled so good while it was baking I couldn't wait.  It was completely worth it.  So, I was able to share some extra time with the hubby as well as justify a beautiful lunch like that for both of us.  The bonus?  My pizza recipe makes two crusts so the daycare kiddos had fresh pizza today and I only had to make dough once!  Yay for me!  Okay, okay, yay for them too, they were pretty excited.

To make the day better, I headed out in the evening for my new Monday night women's cycling group and did about 27 miles on the road bike.  So much fun!  It was my first time ever riding on the roads alone to get to the group meet up (usually I drive there) and I was beyond proud of myself for just getting out there!  I am a little timid on the roads but quickly overcoming it.  Riding with a group has been a big help to my riding.  I'm looking forward to more Monday night rides and just getting even more comfortable on two wheels.  It was so hot that riding was preferable to running and I felt good about accomplishing it.  Our plan is to do more local rides to get groceries, etc and I need to be completely at ease for that to happen.

I love weeks that start with so much good that you just know it's going to be a that kind of week.  My little sister got a job which was great news, and that means I get to spend more time with my niece and nephew in the mornings before they get on the bus so I'm excited.  I love that I can have that time with them and I know she's relieved to have found work after she's been looking for so long.  See, it really was a fantastic day?

And Tuesday wasn't too bad either...I made some brown rice pudding that was pretty awesome.



Super simple too!  Mix 2 cups of leftover rice, it doesn't have to be brown rice, that's just what I happened to have.  Mix with 2 cups of milk, or do like I did and use some delicious homemade almond milk.  Add a few dashes of ground cinnamon, 1/2 cup sugar and bring to a gentle boil.  Simmer for about 20-25 minutes until it's thickening and the liquid is mostly absorbed.  Let it sit and cool for about 10 minutes before serving.  You could add raisins if you like, but I didn't have any on hand.

Here's to a beautiful Wednesday tomorrow to keep this wonderful week rolling along... I hope your week is going well and that you can find the beauty in your days!

No comments:

Post a Comment