Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Homemade Chocolate Pecan Spread

I love nutella.  My son loves nutella.  My husband had never had nutella.  Huh?  Really.  Hmmm.  Well, there was a little left in the container, so I figured I'd let him try it and, of course, he loved it.  I then told him we were out of it so there was no more but promised to get more.  That was 3 days ago and I've not been back to the store so no nutella.  Yesterday he asked for some toast with nutella and I had to tell him that I still hadn't gotten any.  Insert a lousy feeling here, cause that's how I felt.  Lousy.  I know, I expect too much from myself but I was upset that I'd not been able to make time to get some even though I had gone out to go bike riding with a group of ladies and left him at home for what seems like the zillionth time.  I know he doesn't really care, but I do.  Is anyone else like that?  So, this morning, he was saying how he'd sure like some nutella.  Yeah, he's the guy who likes to tease...and so, knowing I didn't have any, he didn't really expect it, but he should know me better than that!  I tossed some dark chocolate chips and some pecans with a little sesame oil in my vitamix and voila!  a spread was born.  It certainly wasn't a smooth as nutella but it was tasty!  I wish I had thought to snap a pic, but trust me, it looked good!  Little bits of pecan among the chocolate all melting on a warm piece of homemade toast.  I want a slice right now actually!

I wanted to share with all of you because it's important to remember to experiment, try something new and never be afraid to give something a try!  I love tossing things together and seeing what happens.  And you better believe that I will be working on perfecting that recipe and then I WILL be sharing photos and an actual recipe.  It's now on the to-do list.  I'm thinking of making it more of a mixed nuts kind of spread because I love all of the nuts too much to leave one out.  :)  And, by making it myself, I know exactly how it's made and what goes into it - both points that make me very happy!

So, what do you buy that you could totally make yourself with a little creativity or imagination?  I'd love to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment