Thursday, April 5, 2012

Chocolate Coconut Donuts

I love making donuts for the daycare kids.  They're always so excited when I saw we're having donuts, and that makes me feel good because I know they'll enjoy it.  But, beyond that, I know that I'm making it fresh for them and that it contains good ingredients.  When I saw this post at Sweet Mornings, I knew that I wanted to give them a try.  We weren't disappointed at all.



They were a wonderful combination of moistness, and then the added texture of the coconut kept it from being a gummy taste that sometimes happen when a batter is too moist.  I didn't really change the recipe at all from the original, so I'll just send you on over there to check it out.  The only swap I made was melted coconut oil in place of the butter, but that's up to you.  I really wanted that coconut taste!  But don't wait long to make them because they are really that wonderful!

Since the hubby isn't a fan of the texture of coconut, but likes the taste, I added two donuts to the pan before adding the coconut just for him.  The taste was still wonderful and because of the coconut oil, it still had that chocolate covered coconut bar all wrapped up in breakfast kind of taste to it.

What a beautiful start to a day!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment