Monday, April 30, 2012

Peanut Butter No Bake Ice Cream

Yeah, you read that right and yes, I know ice cream isn't typically baked.  When I am referring to no bake here, I am talking about the hubby's favorite cookie, No Bakes that I mentioned in my Cookbook Memories post.  After a disappointing run on Saturday, he asked for them, and I was happy to oblige. It was a nice treat and is so easy to whip up that it's a quick dessert.  But by Sunday, we were ready to use them up and stop tempting hubby every time he walked by the bin of them.  Add that to the fact that I was stressing out and craving ice cream and Peanut Butter No Bake Ice Cream was born!  I decided to make a peanut butter ice cream base and then chop the remaining two no bakes into small pieces and mix in at the end.

Ready to go!  So, before I put it into the ice cream machine, I made the ice cream base by blending it in the vitamix.  I almost let it mix too well and it started to thicken in there because of the heavy cream.  Oops!  So, just a few whirrs of the blended and then pour into your ice cream maker.  If you don't have a maker, I would imagine you could freeze in a bowl and just stir it often.

Peanut Butter Ice Cream Base

  • 1 c peanut butter

  • 1/2 c sugar

  • 1 cup heavy cream

  • 2 1/2 c milk (I used skim because that's what we had, but any kind would likely work)

  • 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract


Once it was almost frozen, I added the no bake pieces.  All that was left after that was to eat it.  Wow, tough job!

So, the next time you're feeling down, remember, ice cream cures A LOT of things!!

 

1 comment:

  1. Sheri....love that you used your favorite no bake cookie here for the ice cream. It must give it just the right mix of sweet and salty......oh and creamy too! : )

    ReplyDelete