Thursday, April 12, 2012

Carrot Cake Cookies



Ever have a craving for something and just not enough time to make it?  In the past, a craving like this would have sent me to the store in search of whatever it was but not this time.  I really was craving some carrot cake and then it came to me...carrot cake in the form of a cookie!  How simple, and easy and, well, quick.  So, I did a quick search and found a recipe that looked perfect at Very Culinary.  So, I set to work and the batter was so yummy that I almost stopped right there and didn't bother with the baking.  But, of course, I did bake them and it was a delicious, chewy but tender cookie and you could really taste the carrot, which I loved.  The only change I made this time was the omission of raisins since the hubby doesn't like them and one change I wished I'd made was to add some chopped walnuts.  I will definitely do that next time and I'm thinking of trying some dried cranberries in it too.  Time for some experimenting!

I also didn't make them into sandwiches, instead choosing to top them off with that wonderfully sweet tart cream cheese frosting (and my ode to the missing walnut!)  The perfect bite sized dessert and I didn't have to wait 45 minutes of baking and another 45 minutes of cooling to enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment