Friday, July 20, 2012

Nutella Banana Bread for Foodie Friends Friday!

I decided I was going to make banana bread to bring to the party this week, but thought it would be a fun idea to add some cocoa and make it chocolate banana bread...and then, after smashing the bananas into a bowl of course, that I had no cocoa.  No chocolate chips.  No chocolate anything in the whole house.  What?!?  How is that possible?  But, I did spy a container of Nutella.  We bought this before really getting serious about cutting out milk so it did have some milk in it that didn't fit into my ideal recipe but the end result was so fabulous I won't even complain or feel guilty a bit.  I hope all my foodie friends out there enjoy it too!


Would you feel badly about eating something that looks like that?  And it is so super easy and only needed a few ingredients. I love recipes like that.  This had a fudgy texture with no eggs and no added sugar beyond the nutella.  And, seriously, that was more than enough sweetness coupled with the bananas.



It's been such a hot, as well as busy, few weeks that I haven't taken the time to do much baking or desserts.  When I noticed the whole bunch of bananas going bad at once I just couldn't resist the call of banana bread. And since I've been obsessed with eating chocolate covered frozen bananas in this heat I thought chocolate banana was the way to go.  I did think about making a chocolate peanut butter banana bread, but the nutella route changed all that.  Maybe next time.  For now, these are pretty awesome.  I might even freeze one or two just to have a cool treat.  :)  I love frozen baked goods.  I know, odd.  But so tasty and it changes the texture completely!




[caption id="attachment_1013" align="aligncenter" width="819"] I love the banana chunk popping through!! I leave my bananas chunkier to get that texture.[/caption]

I hope you're as hungry for some banana bread now as I was while I smelled it baking!  So, I'll be nice and share the recipe...


Nutella Banana Bread


Ingredients:




  • 4-5 large very ripe bananas, mashed

  • 3 T oil

  • 1/2 c Nutella

  • 2 c flour (I used 1 c wheat, 1 c all purpose)

  • 1 t baking powder

  • 1/2 t salt

  • 1 t vanilla


Directions:

  1. Preheat oven to 350 and grease a square 8" baking pan.

  2. Mix all wet and dry ingredients separately

  3. Combine wet and dry and mix until everything is incorporated well but not overmixed.

  4. Pour into greased baking pan and bake for 30 minutes

  5. Cool and cut into squares.


Enjoy!

Sheri

Please check out my fellow Friday Foodie Friends...

Tracy at Busy Vegetarian Mom

Robyn at Robyn's View

Angie at A lil Country Sugar

Wayne at Passione Per Cucina

Sarah at Everything in the Kitchen Sink

Michelle at From Calculus to Cupcakes

Marlys at This and That

Lois at  Walking on Sunshine

Erika at Chef Picky Kid and Me

Lindsey at Family Food Finds

Cindy at Cindys Recipes and Writings

Skye at A Virtual Essence

Sheri at Homemade Served Here

Keira at Luscious Delights

Amber at Mama's Blissful Bites

Rhiannon at Baked In The South

Brianne at For the Love of Food (and Eating!)

Pooja at Saffron N Appetite


Step 1:  Make sure that anything you link up is:

  • A Recipe...and is made and photographed by you

  • Not part of a sponsership/sales/giveaway or other promotions/linky parties

  • Linked to a specific page of your recipe, not your homepage

  • Please limit your link-ups to 3 per party


Step 2:

If you want to be the very best Foodie Friend Ever...

  • Grab our button at http://foodiefriendsfriday.com and put it on your page and share Foodie Friends Friday!

  • Take some time and check out other submitted links and the blogs of all of our gracious hosts

  • Come on over and "like" us on Facebook or Follow us on Twitter and Pinterest


***Please note that by linking up you are transferring rights to Foodie Friends Friday and any of it's affiliated websites or publications to use photos/links/recipes for any reprint, republishing and distribution without monetary compensation to you.  If photos/recipes are used, proper credit/ linkbacks will be published with them.  We just want to share your amazing recipes and spread some foodie <3 !

Have Fun and Thank You for Visiting!!



No comments:

Post a Comment