Friday, March 30, 2012

Tropical Green Smoothie

I ran out of spinach this morning.  I know, I'm ashamed of myself.  This is my first morning sans spinach in almost a month.  And, to top it off, I've been experimenting with green powders, and the one I'm currently using is just not cutting it for me.  It's tasty, but doesn't seem like it packs the same punch the Garden of Life Perfect Food was doing.  No endorsements deals here, just mentioning it's a great product.  So, with no spinach, I decided to just double up the scoop of green powder and carry on.  Best I could offer myself at 6:45 am.



It was a really great tasting drink, even if I was missing my spinach.  The color was a pretty minty green color and I loved that you could see all of the seeds and ingredients through the mix.  My ingredients?  Well, this morning it was:

2 scoops green powder

1 T ground chia seeds

1 T ground flax seed

1 T hulled hemp seed

2 cups water

1/4 cup plain yogurt

1 banana

1/2 cup frozen mango chunks

1/4 pineapple chunks

1 t coconut oil

Dump all that in the Vitamix and blend.  It was delicious, a little sweeter than I'm used to, but very tropical tasting!  A nice start to the morning...but I hope I get to the store tonight for spinach.  I missed it!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment