Monday, March 12, 2012

Pull Apart Cinnamon Bread AKA Monkey Bread



We tend to get a little carried away in our house with the chocolate/peanut butter combo.  It's a well known fact how much we love it.  I love peanut butter so much that when I found organic peanut butter on sale the other day at Target, I cleaned off the shelf.  I had a cart full of organic peanut butter and organic strawberry preserves.  It probably looked like we were off to a big PB&J party.  Sigh.  See how easy it is to make me get excited about peanut butter?  So, the other night I decided that dessert would be different.  No chocolate.  No peanut butter.  I've made cinnamon pull apart bread many times before but this time, instead of just making my bread dough and rolling it in butter and cinnamon-sugar, I decided to follow the recipe on Smitten Kitchen.   Monkey Bread with Cream Cheese Glaze

Now, obviously, mine does NOT have a cream cheese glaze and I'm good with that.  I would like to remain somewhat true to my healthier nature.  I will say that this is one of the few desserts from Smitten Kitchen that I have not been completely enamored with.  Maybe because I'm used to a lighter bread?  I don't know.  It was delicious, just a bit heavier than we're used to.  The daycare kids loved having it for breakfast though and it was a big hit!

Give it a try and let me know what you think...I'd love to know if it's just me.  Maybe it was because I skipped the glaze...  ;)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment