Friday, March 2, 2012

Mexican Lasagna

I love layered casseroles.  They're so easy to make and they can use up so many of the "this and thats" that tend to accumulate through cooking.  This one used up some homemade salsa, chayote squash, roasted peppers and onions as well as some extra boned turkey meat that I'd frozen after making a roast.  Add to that some corn tortilla shells, cheese and pinto beans that I soaked overnight and there's a healthy lasagna!



Really, any combo of flavors could make for a great lasagna because it all just cooks together to combine something new.  And I got to clean out the freezer in the process!

 

1 comment:

  1. This look so good! I agree - layered caserole meals are so great - and this one looks especially tasty. Like lasagna meets enchiladas! Love it, thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete