Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Individual Berry Cobblers



What a lot of juicy deliciousness is in that picture!  We'd decided that this week was going to be a "no eating out, no desserts" type of week.  Well, the best of intentions finds us at the end of a very long Wednesday and through a bad set of circumstances missing our group trail run we'd headed out too and so, we surrendered.  Thankfully, we didn't eat out - I was able to whip up some seared sea scallops, garlic mashed potatoes and grilled asparagus spears pretty easily while the hubby rested his suddenly very painful ankle.  :-(  And, as soon as we were done, I just knew I was going to hear "what's for dessert?"  Just call it knowing him too well after 18 years of togetherness.  So, I was prepared.  I'd already been thinking of something that would at least have some of the appearances of healthy about it.  And beautiful berries on top of a little bit of dough always makes me happy!  This is almost a clafouti texture, but is missing that egg taste that I love.  (And all of the calories that come with it!)

Healthified Berry Cobbler

1/4 cup butter, melted

1/2 cup flour

1/4 cup sugar

1/2 cup milk

1 cup berries, your choice, I had blackberries and raspberries on hand so that's what I used.

Preheat oven to 375.  Mix all ingredients except berries with a whisk in a medium bowl until smooth.  Butter or spray the insides of small baking dishes, I made 4 in the smaller size I used. Add batter to about halfway in the dishes and then top with the berries.  You can sprinkle a bit of sugar right on the berries before baking if you like, but it's not necessary.

Bake for about 30 minutes or until edges are browned and center is set.  Let cool a bit or serve hot with vanilla ice cream.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment