Monday, August 22, 2011

My Reward

This is not an amaze-all-your-friends super difficult type of dessert but it's one of my favorites.  Yesterday, I rode in my first group bike ride ever, and not only that, it was a metric century, or 100 km.  I was panic-stricken in the days leading up to it, sure I would crash into something, or worse yet, someone, and cause all kinds of havoc.  Add that fear to the forecast of rain showers and I was a mess.  So much so that my hubby had to keep talking me down and reassuring me that I COULD DO THIS!  And, he was right, 'cause I totally did it!  Yesterday was a lot of sleeping and resting because I got a bit dehydrated so today, while the kids were napping, I made a special treat for myself.  Oh, okay, I made enough for the whole family.  But it was what I wanted. 

A simple chocolate pudding parfait, with a ribbon of crushed Late July sandwich cookies in the middle and topped off with some whipped cream and a little cookie.  Yummy!  And it just hit the spot.  If you've never tried Late July snacks, you just don't know what you're missing!  (no paid endorsement here - I bought my own snacks, just a shout out to a great product!)  We love just about all of their products here!!

No comments:

Post a Comment