Tuesday, August 2, 2011

My new blog!

I have been posting my cooking adventures on my facebook and my personal blog and thought it was time that I gave them a place of their own!  I hope that others will enjoy my experiences and it will inspire them to try something new on their own. 
Yesterday, I made "goldfish" crackers based on a great blog I have been enjoying Dinners, Dishes and Desserts and they were exceptional!  Easy and tasty, a great combo!  I used a star shaped cutter instead of making my own goldfish one and I thought it was a really cute result.

And, when I spied the tomatoes sitting on the windowsill, I couldn't resist throwing together some homemade tomato soup.  Oh my goodness, I can't tell you how great it was.  I would have just eaten bowl after bowl of it.

I didn't use a true "recipe" but here's the best I can offer...

I diced up 4 largish tomatoes, 1 small onion, 1/2 a green bell pepper, 1 clove of garlic and 2 cups of vegetable stock.  I brought that to a boil, and then simmered for 20 minutes.  Once it was all soft, I put it through the food processor and then used a metal mesh strainer to get seeds, skin, etc out.  I set the liquid aside, and made a roux with butter and flour and then used the liquid from the tomatoes to whisk the mixture smooth.  It was that easy.  And I really can't say enough times how amazing the combo of the two together was.  My daycare kids loved it just as much!  

1 comment:

  1. So glad you tried the "goldfish" crackers!!! They are pretty darn easy, aren't they!

    ReplyDelete