Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Busy, busy, busy!

I am really not trying to neglect my blog!  The past 7 days have just been so insane that at times I feel like I'm spinning in circles.  But I have been cooking, and thinking about blogging....does that count?  Either way, I have some good ideas spinning around in my head that I'm working on trying to get transferred from in my head onto my blog. 

The weather has changed a bit here, and I can just feel fall coming on!  I love fall cooking - the spices, the pumpkin, the pumpkin, and, oh, did I mention pumpkin!!  Last year our neighbor share a gooseneck pumpkin and I cooked it down and used in my faux Starbucks Pumpkin scones and it was wonderful.  I am hoping to find some on my own this year, as his was a leftover from making pumpkin ale, and I'm not sure if he's repeating that or not this year.  Canned pumpkin will work of course, but fresh cooked pumpkin really added a sweetness and texture that I liked.  A lot.  Maybe a bit too much! 

So, I'm off to get some more to-do's checked off of my list before the little munchkins get up from nap.  But I'll be back here soon, and hopefully ready to share some pics and recipes!

2 comments:

  1. Sheri....sometimes life gets hectic and you need a little 'break-ation' from blogging! And I'm looking to fall cooking and baking, too...because of the pumpkin! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. A pumpkin fan and a dessert addict? We're a little too alike I think!! :) But seriously, fall is ALL about the pumpkin for me. I'd eat it with every meal if possible. And I can't wait til the Pumpkin Spice Latte at Starbucks makes it's appearance. That is my "first sign of fall" for sure!!

    ReplyDelete