Friday, June 1, 2012

The Best Blueberry Muffins. Ever. Seriously.

Dramatic?  Just a bit.  True?  Absolutely.  I wouldn't lie.  I loved these muffins so much more than I thought I would.  As I was making the recipe I thought it seemed like I was making cookies, not muffins, because the batter was SO thick.  I'm glad that I didn't tinker at all and let the magic happen.  And, yes, it was magic.  These muffins had a tenderness to the crumb that is really hard to find.  It was more like a fruited cupcake.  And delicious.  Did I mention that yet?  That's hard to believe because they were so delicious.  The daycare kids of course were also in love and had 2 muffins each.  My niece and nephew seemed pretty happy to take the leftovers (3 muffins out of 24 the day before!) this morning for breakfast.  Even so, I think we're all looking forward to the next time I make them.

I didn't even mention the crust on these muffins.  To die for.  I am not kidding when I say these are "must make!"

I found this recipe for Blueberry Muffins on The Pioneer Woman's page...I knew they had to be good :)  I just wasn't prepared for how good.

Some changes I made...I know I said I didn't tinker, and I really didn't BUT....I did not put sugar on top, we did not make a sauce , I used vanilla greek yogurt and I used frozen blueberries.  And those are my confessions for today's post.  :D

Please if you make them, let me know if you LOVED them as much as we did.  I'd hate to think I was all alone in my longing for more blueberry muffins!

[caption id="attachment_817" align="aligncenter" width="640" caption="A few more muffins to take with you on your travels..."][/caption]

 

1 comment: