Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Who Wants Cupcakes???

Of course you do!  I love cupcakes.  They are a perfect treat.  Whenever I have a craving for cake (which happens more frequently than I'd like admit!)  I usually make cucpakes.  I think it's the portion control aspect of it that draws me in, but who has ONE cupcake?  I mean, that's lunacy.  I try to at least limit my icing intake and call it a day.

So, I made some cupcakes.  Not just any cupcakes but Black Magic Cupcakes with a Peanut Butter fudgy icing...yum.  And that's all I'm saying.  I used the same recipe as I did in the original post but put in cupcake form.



There's nothing more to say...that picture really does it for me.  I mean, you are craving a cupcake right now.   Aren't you?  Come on.  Admit it.  I won't tell anyone.  :)

I also have to share what my wonderful hubby had me sent for our anniversary...



I was so surprised.  He is a great guy.  Getting those flowers just made my day!  Every time I walk by them, I smile.  Flowers do that.  I know, I know...cut flowers are the epitome of waste but I don't care at all because these flowers are special to me.  I'm such a romantic.

Now, to balance all the mushy sweetness of flowers and cupcakes, I have a very healthy dinner to share!!



One of our favorite meals used to be buttered egg noodles tossed with fried cabbage and studded with kielbasa medallions.  That just won't cut it anymore.  Too unhealthy!  So, I decided to give it a facelift and created this beautiful dish for dinner...

It's more guideline than recipe.  Toss some veggies in olive oil and cook down until they're soft and then add the cabbage because it won't take long to cook.  Once all of that is cooked, toss in cooked egg noodles and serve.  I left the butter out and replaced it with the olive oil and instead of just cabbage, I added some sliced yellow beets, mushrooms, onions, and carrots.  Best part of it?  Everything except the egg noodles came from either our garden or a local farm!  I swear, it was a fabulous dinner.  Everything married perfectly together and it was worth a second bowl.

Happy Wednesday everyone!

Enjoy,

Sheri

No comments:

Post a Comment