Friday, June 8, 2012

It's Official. I am one lucky girl!

 

I haven't had to cook dinner two nights in a row and it has been a delicious escape!

In September, I will head to Ocean City, Maryland for Winefest for a girl's weekend with friends for what will be our third year.  Our group has grown each year and has not been the same group yet!

[caption id="attachment_871" align="aligncenter" width="491" caption="Winefest 2011"][/caption]

This year, we couldn't wait until September and decided to a do a mid-year Girl's Night Out.  It was a blast and we were having so much fun that the adjoining tables either wish they'd come on another evening or just wished they could join us!  And the food...oh my goodness.  Delicious!!!

[caption id="attachment_872" align="aligncenter" width="640" caption="Goat Cheese and Marscapone Ravioli with Roasted Vegetable Sauce"][/caption]

It was a great night of conversation, laughs and perfect food!  I shared a creme brulee with my friend, Lisa and I am sorry to say I didn't get a picture of it.  But it was the best way to cap off a great meal!!

So, tonight, the hubby and I decided to head back out to a restaurant we'd run some trails near earlier this week.  Their menu had looked so delicious but I was covered in sweat and wasn't looking to go eat dinner just then.  It's a place I've been wanting to try for forever and I'm so glad we made the trip.

My meal started off with Fried Green Tomatoes with a Buttermilk and Peppercorn Aioli.  Wow!  I was expecting the kind of fried tomatoes my grandmother used to make and I was in for a surprise.  A good one...but still a surprise!



I tried my best not to just pick them up and dive in because I wanted to make it last as long as possible.  It was too delicious to just shove them in my mouth like I wanted to!  And the aioli was just right.  At first, I thought it was a little peppery but it mellowed out and blended just right on the tomatoes.

Next up was my dinner salad. This was THE dish that had made me want to come to John Wright Restaurant in the first place.  Roasted Beet and Baked Goat Cheese on a bed of greens with red onions (which I forgot to ask be kept off, oops) and a balsamic vinaigrette.

This dish did not disappoint at all.  Oh. my. gosh.  I was in love with this salad.  The goat cheese was completely amazing and paired with the beets?!?  Words just can't do it justice.  I would eat this every night if it was possible.  I am a cheese fanatic and I love goat cheese especially, so for me, it doesn't get much better than this.

Oh, and while I'm mentioning it not getting better...this was the view we had while downing all this delicious food...Really.  It was the best date night.  Awesome food with my wonderful hubby and a great view.  See, I am one lucky girl.

Now, I have to see what I can do about not making dinner tomorrow night and keep this streak on a roll.  But then, I guess, homemade served here isn't the right blog name for this post though.  Hmmm.   I guess it's back to the kitchen for me.  Maybe.

Enjoy,

Sheri

 

No comments:

Post a Comment