Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Homemade Cheese Crackers

So, the boy loves cheez-its.  He goes through a box every few days and he buys them for himself because I refuse.  But I will make them for him.  I just forget sometimes because I'm a crazy busy homeschooling mom who does daycare and also writes a food blog.  :) But enough about me...this is about crackers, and love.  Because the things we do for our family help to create a bond that exists even after all of these yummy cheesy crackers are long gone.  So, when he got home from work today I had a treat waiting.  Homemade cheese crackers. I can't take all the credit because I was reminded by Carla's Kitchen Confessions about these Homemade Cheez-its on Christine's Cuisine.



Did I mention he also got me the first birthday gift ever with his own cold, hard cash?  Tapas plates (see above!) some flowers, stone coasters, and a cool placemat for photos on the blog.  Even though it's been a rough year at times and he's getting closer and closer every day to leaving the nest, knowing that he cared enough about something I love made my day.  I am blessed.  Very blessed.  And these crackers were just a little token of my love for my boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment