Monday, February 13, 2012

Chicken Spinach Phyllo Lasagna


Well, that's a mouthful and you haven't even tried it yet!  Sometimes, inspiration can strike in so many ways and this was just one of those ideas that just took hold in my brain and I finally had to make it.  It really was so very simple but completely delicious!


Hubby and I were on our own for dinner and I decided that it would be a great meal since it had many components that our kids aren't fond of.  Namely spinach and mushrooms, both of which we love and the boy hates.

There really isn't a recipe as much as a game plan.

That out phyllo dough, and using a 9' X 13' pan, start layering.  I set down a layer of about 3 thin sheets of phyllo for each layer.  First phyllo, then a layer of spinach, then a layer of phyllo, then a layer of chicken, phyllo again and a layer of mushrooms and Gruyere cheese, phyllo again and another layer of spinach and so on and on until it was all used up.  I topped it off with a fondue mix with Gruyere and swiss melted with milk to soak all of the layers and melt it all together and it worked perfectly!

Bake at 350 for about 35 minutes or until everything is golden brown and bubbly.  It may need longer depending on the temperature of your ingredients and the amount of layers you created.

It was a great evening in dinner, but it still felt a little decadent, even though it was very healthy.  I can't wait to make it again and see what new combinations I can come up with!

No comments:

Post a Comment