Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Apple Gouda & Smoked Ham Galette - courtesy of Anne @ From My Sweet Heart

Have you ever read a recipe and just wished it could appear right before you because you wanted it that badly?  Yes?  Well, that was my experience when I read Anne's post about an Apple, Gouda & Smoked Ham Galette.  It was an amazing, amazing, amazing sounding recipe and I knew I couldn't wait long to make it.  And I didn't.  I made it last night for dinner - to rave reviews from the family.  Thank you, Anne!!  If you have never visited her blog before, please do, because she is a wonderful resource of recipes and the pictures look good enough to eat off the screen!

I will mention that as I started to make the recipe I, a) didn't give myself enough time for everything to chill as prescribed between steps, and b) I had no clear jellies of any kind on hand.  So I used a berry jelly that I think worked out just as well, but it wasn't as pretty to look at as Anne's was. 

I will say that today's lunch was phenomenal because there was leftovers!!  And look what I did, just for good measure...



Yep.  I grated smoked gouda cheese all over that slice.  Heaven!!

Now, go on over to From My Sweet Heart to check it out.  I'm not going to post the recipe here...I think I'm headed out for a bit more of that leftover cheese....yummy!

3 comments:

  1. Oh Sheri...I'm so glad you tried these and that you liked them! They look soooo good! I used apricot jam because I didn't have apple jelly. But that's the great thing about these...so many combinations will work! I wish I had thought to grate some smoked gouda on my leftovers though! That was a brilliant move! Thanks so much for your very kind words! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. The kind words are completely deserved, but you're welcome anyway! We loved this recipe over here and I'm sure it's made it's way on to the permanent rotation. :)

    ReplyDelete