Sunday, February 5, 2012

Chocolate Fudge Cups



So, as far as I'm concerned, chocolate + coconut + almonds is a combination that could just about get me to do anything.  You know that commercial "What would you do for a Klondike bar?"  Yeah, well, Almond Joy candy bars are kinda like that for me.  So, as I was deciding last night what type of cookie to bring along to a run that a group of friends and hubby and I were doing, I happened to spy these on another page.  These were not the cookies I decided to bring to our run - I opted instead for a healthy oatmeal cookie studded with sunflower seeds- but I just had to make these. They seriously tasted like I was eating an almond joy but without the guilt of knowing I ate a candy bar.  Win for me!

They're called Coconut Fudge Cups in the Betty Crocker Cookie Book, but the hubby is not a fan of the texture of coconut, so I made two kinds - one with coconut and almonds and one with just almonds.  Both are pretty tasty!

Fudge Cups

Adapted from Betty Crocker Cookie Book

1/4 cup butter, softened

3 oz cream cheese, softened

3/4 c all purpose flour

1/4 c powdered sugar

2 T baking cocoa

1/2 t vanilla

 

Fudge Filling:

2/3 c sugar

1/3 c baking cocoa

2 T butter, softened

1 egg

1/3 cup flaked coconut

1/3 cup chopped almonds

 

Preheat oven to 350. Beat butter and cream cheese with mixer on medium speed.  Stir in all ingredients except filling ingredients.  Shape dough into 1 inch balls and press in bottom and on the sides of small ungreased mini muffin pan.  There should be enough dough for 24 cups.  Prepare filling by mixing all ingredients except coconut and almonds until spreadable.  If you're mixing the coconut and almonds, add both in at this time.  If you're dividing them, split the filling mix into half and combine each mix with either coconut or almonds.  Keep a couple of pinches handy to mark the top of the cookie cup.  Spoon filling into each cup, until just above the rim of the cup.  Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until filling has puffed up and bounces back when lightly touched.  Remove from muffin pan when slightly cooled, handling carefully.

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment