Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Gluten Free Brownies

 



 

I have an assortment of flours sitting around in the pantry - it's amazing the amount of ingredients you pick up here and there for different recipes.  I even had a box of King Arthur Gluten Free Baking mix sitting unopened from a thought I'd had about a gluten free recipe.  So, when I heard a friend had given up gluten for lent, my mind went into action thinking of a way to create a treat for her and expand my recipe repertoire.  I went easy on myself this time and made the recipe as is with one tiny change from King Arthur's website.

King Arthur Gluten Free Brownies

I cut the sugar down to a little less than one cup.  I don't think the recipe suffered at all, in fact I think it could go down a bit more than that because they were still plenty sweet.  I didn't add in the optional chocolate chips or nuts and they were perfect.  Very deep and fudgy.  They might even benefit from some espresso powder or a splash of dark coffee to even further enhance the chocolate but they are pretty awesome as is.

I can't wait to share these brownies with her - and I hear there's a bottle of red wine with our name on it waiting to be shared too...sounds like the kind of evening I need! What's better than chocolate, wine and a good friend?

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment