Thursday, February 23, 2012

Chocolate Peanut Butter Doughnuts



I love reading other blogs - there's always a new idea, something I can't wait to try and, then, when I try it, and it's as good as it looked?  Well, that's a big plus!  I recently stumbled on this post from Love, Veggies and Yoga.  I have had my doughnut pan for a full week, and have made one basic recipe from King Arthur flour, and another one that involved a large amount of yogurt and looked more like a muffin but the daycare kids loved, so I was ready for something a bit more complex but a bit decadent.  And then I came across this recipe!  Lovely as well as yummy. a perfect combo.  The boy was not impressed.  I asked if he wanted one...his answer?  "Well, I did before you put that peanut butter all over them."  Seriously, how can this boy be my child?  I could exist on peanut butter if the situation was called for.  I love peanut butter.  Well, really all nut butters...cashew, almond, not as much sunflower but I can stand it and do not even mention nutella.  Love the stuff.  Hmm...a nutella doughnut.  I wonder...

But before my mind spins off to go find something that I can use for that...go make these.  If you don't have a doughnut pan, make muffins with it.  I had some leftover batter and I piped it into mini muffin cups and they were adorable and still tasty.  They will need to cook a few extra minutes though, so watch them.

One teensy change I would made is to consider omitting the cinnamon from the recipe because it does change the chocolate taste.  I didn't mind it one bit, thank you very much, but hubby noted it right away and it wasn't his cup of tea.  (more for me!)  Other than that, perfect!!  Now, go make them and be sure to tell Love, Veggies and Yoga how awesome they are!!

4 comments:

  1. Glad you liked the donuts! A boy that doesnt like PB and a hubs that doesn't like cinnamon...well, hey, more for you :) Thanks for blogging about them and I have a half dozen varieties/recipes on my desserts recipe page under the donut heading, including a savory cream cheese donut. Maybe hubs will like that one more!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to try the cream cheese ones! That looks very interesting!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! Glad you stopped by!

    ReplyDelete