Thursday, January 5, 2012

Chocolate Cherry Bread - with a guest appearance by Nutella :)


I have been wanting to make this bread so badly since I saw it at Wegman's.  I found a recipe to try out with the new bread machine and, while it doesn't look as nice as the one I saw, I think it came out pretty well.

It was a fairly basic recipe, I actually adapted the one from the Z's cookbook/manual that came with it.

1 1/4 cup milk
1 beaten egg
4 T sugar
2 T cocoa
2 t instant yeast
1 1/2 t salt
2 T butter, softened
1/2 cup of dark chocolate, chopped
1/2 cup of dried cherries, chopped

I put everything except the chocolate and cherries in the bread machine and put it on dough cycle.  I added the chocolate and cherries in once the first rise was completed and the bread machine did it's second rise.

Preheated the oven to 350, and then formed the dough into a round on a cookie sheet to bake for about 35 minutes. Before the bread even cooled, I had to have a slice...


And then, I thought about it, and what goes better with Cherry Chocolate Bread than Nutella...?




No comments:

Post a Comment