Thursday, August 30, 2012

Honey Molasses Corn Bread

It's almost the end of another week, and that means it's time for a new post from Alyssa.  Hope you enjoy it.   Happy almost Friday!!! - Sheri

 

Hello Everyone,

Today I will be giving you the recipe for Honey Molasses Corn bread. My dearest LOVES corn bread, honey and molasses, so when I made this recipe I had him in mind. I love Molasses only in cookies. I had never really had it in corn bread before. I also wanted to add honey to this corn bread. I didn't cut the sugar in half but you can if you want. I wasn't to sure how this recipe would actually turn out. So I was thrilled when I opened the oven to find a nice pan of corn bread. It smelled amazing too. I really hope that you enjoy this recipe. I am so excited for fall for only one reason....which is baking. I love baking but the hot temperatures half the time prevent me from doing so.

I hope you all have a wonderful end of the week, and weekend.



 

Honey Molasses Corn Bread


 

  • 1 1/4 Flour

  • 3/4 Cup Yellow Corn Meal

  • 1/4 C sugar ( You can cut it in half)

  • 2 Tsp Baking Powder

  • 1//2 Tsp Salt

  • 1 Cup of Milk

  • 1 Egg

  • 1/4 Oil

  • 2 TBS Molasses

  • 1 TBS of Honey


Mix together all your dry ingredients, and then put all of your wet ingredients in. Mix both together. In a pie plate or a small baking dish spray with non stick spray. Pour in batter. Bake at 350 till golden brown.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment