Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Bruschetta Pizza from Cooking From a SAHM

I am so happy to introduce you all to Lysska from Cooking from a SAHM, and as a bonus, she brought a delicious sounding recipe to share! I'll let her introduce herself to you formally now!

Enjoy!

Sheri

 

Hello Everyone,

My name is Alyssa but people call me Lysska or Lyss, and I am 28. As a child/teen I grew up in Illinois and I loved every aspect of it, but since moving to the East Coast I love it here. The ocean soothes me....I miss the country life though. My dearest and I have two daughters Meghan Brianna(4) and Karina Grace (2).  I am the owner and Blogger of Cooking From A SAHM Blog and Cooking From A SAHM Facebook page :-) Cooking has always been something I enjoy...Some people jog, some people yell when they are stressed. I on the other hand cook, and bake. Growing up my mom always was cooking/canning. We had a good supper on the table every night. She had no problems with us kids experimenting in her kitchen. She gave me my love of cooking and family. She taught me that family means everything, cooking and family dinners are important. So as I began my Cooking From A SAHM page, I decided I would make sure everyone would include their kids in the kitchen. That was the beginning of Cooking From A SAHM.



 

My dearest and I go to this resteraunt every year that has the most amazing Bruschetta, and I wanted to try to make it at home. I decided I would attempt a  Bruschetta Pizza on Herb Pizza Crust. I love making my own pizza crust and it is pretty easy. Don't be to itimidated by the yeast :-)  This recipe was so amazing, and so fresh. We ate the whole thing. I hope you enjoy this recipe.



Herb Crust

1 C Warm Water

2 1/4 Tsp  Yeast  ( I use Red Star yeast and love it)

1/2 Tsp Salt

2 Tsp Olive Oil

2 1/2 -3 C. Flour

1 Tablespoon of Corn meal

1 Tsp of Basil

1 Tsp of Oregano

1 Tsp Garlic Powder

Run hot water in  your mixing bowl to get  your bowl warm. Get 1 C of Warm water ( not to hot or it'll kill yeast  105-115 degrees). Add your yeast. Stir till it dissolves. Add salt, olive oil ,lour and seasonings and mix it. If you have a kitchen aid just mix it using that. Add remaining flour 1/2 cup at a time till it cleans the side of the bowl. Knead it 2 minutes longer.  Let it rise 1 hour in a warm draft free spot. Once it has doubled in size then on your pizza pan drizzle oil and sprinkle corn meal on it. Spread out your dough on the pizza pan. Bake at 350 till done. Cool it completely.



Bruschetta Pizza

2 Diced and de-seeded tomatoes

10 Chopped Kalmata Olives

1 C. Feta Cheese

1/2 Chopped Purple Onions

3 leaves Chopped basil

1 Tsp of Olive Oil

3 Chopped Garlic Cloves

4 Leaves of basil chopped into strips for the top.

In a bowl put your chopped tomatoes, olives, feta, onions,basil, garlic and basil in a bowl. Mix it up. Taste it to make sure it suits you.  Spread it onto  top of Herb crust. Put the remaining basil on top. ENJOY

 

No comments:

Post a Comment