Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Busy, Busy, Busy!

Over the past week I have biked a 50k, photographed a 30K, prepared for back to school in the daycare, started to put out feelers about starting my photography business and learned my daughter's wedding date is not two years away but one short year and all this while I am trying to keep up with the usual household stuff.  Sometimes even good stuff can get overwhelming, and that's where I was last night.  My head was screaming from a migraine I'd been able to put off for a few days and just decided to no longer be ignored.  I even had to cave and asked the hubby to pick up some Coke Zero for me.  For some reason, that is one of the few things that will help when my migraines get this bad, so I try to ignore the chemicals and down the drink anyway.  I was rewarded with a bit of relief, but even this morning remnants of it remain.  I hate the toll that migraines take on me!  But, I'm pushing through and fingers crossed it is short-lived from here on out.

But I've been happy to be busy because that is when I'm most happy...I just hate when that "in over my head" feeling hits, so I'll do my best to keep things in balance and ask for help.  I'm getting better at that thankfully.

So, what have I been cooking???

First up...snickerdoodles made vegan.  I was checking out some recipes from Oh She Glows!  and found this one for Snickerdoodles.  Since the hubby loves them, I thought I'd give it a try and was rewarded with a great cookie!  He loved them.  Aren't they perfect?



I took this picture with my new iphone...just wanted to check out the resolution.  And it looks pretty nice.  Well, for a phone anyway.

But it doesn't really compare to my shots of the stuffed peppers I made last night...





I mean, I am hungry for those peppers again just seeing the pictures!  I know the goat cheese isn't in keeping with our veganish lifestyle but it's been the one thing that I just really can't manage to cut out of our diet.  I love it!  Way too much to go without it...so since we're trying to keep animal products at about 5-10% total of our meals, it's not that big of a deal to me!

Here's part of my corn haul that I made yesterday too...



There is a roadside stand that sometimes has corn when the hubby and I run by but never seems to have corn when we actually drive by...so, yesterday when the hubby was running some errands in the morning he came home to report that there was lots of corn there today.  He didn't have anything smaller than a $20 but I was sure that there would be a change box and headed out while he covered the daycare kids at naptime.  Well, I put a dozen of corn in my bag and went to the box.  Huh.  No change.  At this point, I guess I could have put back my dozen of corn but for some reason, decided that it would be nice to freeze some corn so I'd just buy $20 worth.  Sometimes I am my own worst enemy.  I sold some of the corn to two friends and I cooked and froze the rest of it last night.  With a migraine.  While trying to keep up on Sons of Anarchy on the tv in the living room.  But 14 cups of frozen corn later I know I'll be glad for my craziness at some point in the winter.

This weekend's photos were a nice distraction though...perfect weather and great friends running a fun race!



I loved this shot of the sun streaming through the trees.  It was a little too foggy for a good sunrise shot but this just was beautiful!   While I was waiting for the runners to pass me by on a particularly beautiful spot with lots of moss and old rocks, I found this interesting bug traveling nearby.



I am doing my first portrait session tonight for a friend and am super excited!  I know that growing my photography business will be a slow process but I'm ready.  When I'm holding the camera it's as if I was meant to do it.   I know that I need a new lens or two but I want more experience and to have a better direction of what specialty I'm headed toward.  I'm thinking that it will be sports but I love families and children so much that I want to be sure that isn't something that will be my path.  And I don't want to stop talking about food or my journey as a homemade life blogger.  I hate to call myself a food blogger because Homemade Served Here is so much more than that!  It's like a public diary about how we try to live as simply and whole as possible while educating people around us about the ways we can all impact the world around us.  That's not how it started - I thought I'd just blog about homemade food.  Instead, I've become an environmentalist with a camera.  And I wouldn't have it any other way.  My homemade life has made me happier than I ever thought possible and I love sharing my journey with anyone who wants to read.

So, bear with me as I plan my daughter's wedding, take pictures to build my photography portfolio,  homeschool my son and prepare these little ones in my child care for school and all the while, I'll keep telling all of you about our adventures!  Thanks for sharing our journey!

Sheri

No comments:

Post a Comment