Thursday, December 22, 2011

Vanilla Scones

Okay, so looking over my lack of activity on here reminds me that it is a busy time of the year!  But I decided that yesterday I was going to bake.  No questions.  No excuses.  Baking.  And, I did.  I've had it on my to-do list for awhile that I wanted to do one more gift for the daycare moms, and of course, I thought of scones.  I love the mini baby vanilla scones at Sbux and have been wanting to make them....then I saw this recipe on King Arthur for Vanilla Scones.  They call it a basic scone with ideas for add-ins, but I left them as is on the recipe and added a vanilla flavored glaze to replicate the baby scones, which are drenched in an awesome vanilla bean glaze.  Mine was not nearly as decadent. 


They turned out so tasty...even if I did leave them in the oven a twinge too long..I was thinking of full size scones and I made mini ones.  Oops.  The texture was perfect...flaky and dense all at the same time with almost a melt in your mouth texture.  The perfect baby scone!  I hope the daycare moms enjoyed their little gift before the holiday as much as I enjoyed making them for them!
Merry Christmas everyone.  I am planning a waffle bar brunch for Christmas morning with my family, my sister's family and my daughter's boyfriend.  I'm looking forward to creating a new tradition!

No comments:

Post a Comment