Sunday, December 18, 2011

Blueberry Muffins with Chia :-)

We're trying to add chia to our diet and picked up some milled chia flour at the store yesterday.  Which begs the question, what do I add it to?  It says you can add it to anything.  I opted for muffins. After my success with the brownies, who knows, they might even taste good.  I decided to use Brown Eyed Baker's recipe which you can find here. I really didn't make any major changes.  I did cut back on the sugar to about 3/4 cup, added in a scoop of chia flour and instead of sour cream I used plain greek yogurt. And her blog was right, these were perfect.  I loved the texture, the chia seeds were there, but no more noticeable than poppy seeds and they added a nice texture I thought.  And these were very pretty muffins!  I don't go to great pains to hide my blueberry swirls because I like the depth it adds, but that's just me.  Feel free to dredge your frozen berries in flour first.



I'm off to have a muffin...or two.  Like Brown Eyed Baker I have a muffin weakness!

No comments:

Post a Comment