Saturday, December 24, 2011

Peanut Butter and Chocolate Cookies

These are for Santa....yep, that's the story I'm going with.  Actually, the real story is better 'cause we got a new camera for Christmas!!  And, to celebrate, I made cookies.  But I couldn't take any "as cooking" photos because the camera was charging so first thing this morning hubby and I were trying it out.  And as you can see in the picture above, the results are pretty amazing.  I couldn't believe the difference in my photos and I can't wait to take more pictures to share with you.  But, first, do you want a cookie recipe?

Chocolate and Peanut Butter Chip Chocolate Cookies
adapted from Nestle

Ingredients:  

2 cups all-purpose flour 
1/4 cup cocoa
1 teaspoon baking soda 
1 teaspoon salt 
2 sticks butter or margarine, softened 
3/4 cup granulated sugar 
3/4 cup packed brown sugar 
1 teaspoon vanilla extract 
2 large eggs 
1 2/3 cups (11-ounce package) peanut butter and chocolate chips, or just peanut butter would work too.

Preheat oven to 375.  Then mix flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt in small bowl and set aside. Cream butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl.Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each egg is added. Gradually mix  in flour mixture. Stir in chips by hand.  Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets or parchment paper.

Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for a few minutes and then transfer to cooling racks.  






2 comments:

  1. I'll bet Santa was happy ;)! Congrats on the new camera! I think you will enjoy it a lot, I remember when I first got mine and I have used it every day since then! Your cookies sound delicious, I can't resist pb and chocolate together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, I am a huge sucker for chocolate and pb together too. I really can't keep it around too much because it's so hard to share! :-) And I am loving the new camera. It's just so much to try different things and I am continually amazed at the quality of the images!!! I'm so glad the hubby talked me into it.

    ReplyDelete