Thursday, December 1, 2011

So completely off schedule and trying to be okay about it.

I glanced at my weekly menu this morning and just shook my head.  There was no order to my carefully planned week, just complete chaos.  Nothing went as planned and my menu was no exception.  Why can't life just be...I don't know even know what I want to write there.  So I'll just ask why?  And the answer?  I don't know.  Because it is.  Judging from my rambling start to this post, is it any wonder my menu and planning are completely in the dumpster? 

So many questions...

Tonight is supposed to be Ham & Split Pea Soup with rolls.  Except I never got to the store to get split peas.  But, that's okay because hubby asked for fish.  Time to regroup and make a new plan.  After a few glances in the freezer and cupboard, I think I've decided to go with Breaded Flounder over Rice Pilaf with Roasted Veggies.  And maybe a salad to start it off.  But the way things are going for me lately, who knows what I'll actually end up serving. 

And don't get me started on tomorrow's menu.  Banana Nut pancakes with no bananas in the house should be an interesting trick.  Hope everyone out there is having a good week and eating some yummy food!

No comments:

Post a Comment