Monday, November 7, 2011

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year...

Isn't that how the song goes?  I guess it is...I love the holidays.  But I don't love the chaos that often accompanies it.  I love thinking about my gift list, planning each item out specifically what would make the recipient smile.  I won't say I've never bought a gift card, but I would like to think that the older I get, the more personal and thought out with love my gifts have become.  My goal this year is to just soak in the holiday season.  I want to really just immerse myself in it - not because it's expected or I think I should - but because I am thankful each day to live the life that I lead, and sharing that love and thankfulness with others is something that I hope I can do each day. 

This week's dinners are pretty easy.  Nothing too crazy around here.  With the puppy and the kids' schedules, there just isn't much time for crazy.  :-)

Tonight: Beef with Barley Casserole (we like the barley too much to make it soup!) in the crockpot
Tuesday: Shrimp Fried Rice with Egg Rolls
Wednesday: Going out with the hubby to a favorite Peruvian/Mexican restaurant.
Thursday: Lasagna
Friday: Tossed Salad with Crispy Chicken Tenders and Honey Dijon Dressing

I will admit that hubby and I already sampled the casserole and it is pretty yummy!  Nothing too hard - browned some beef cubes in garlic, oil and salt and then put in the crockpot with some cooked barley, carrots and mushrooms along with some beef stock.  Yummy!  Add in some bread and it will be a nice warm meal now that it's getting chilly.

I soon will be deciding on my Christmas cookie list too.  It's a big affair around here!  I make a list of all the cookies, a master list of ingredients and then head out to shop. Then for a few weeks, I bake, adding new cookies to a box in the freezer as I go.  Once they're all done, I assemble plates of cookies to go to friends, family and ALWAYS to hubby's work.  I love sharing all the seasonal yummies.  Last year I added in some new candies.  I didn't hear one complaint. 

No comments:

Post a Comment