Wednesday, November 9, 2011

I Love Salad

I really think the title sums it up nicely. I am a huge salad lover.  It is one of my favorite "go-to" meals and I sometimes eat two or three salads a day.  Today's lunch?

Yummy!  It's one of my favorite combos...fruit in my salad is always welcomed and blue cheese is invited to almost every plate.  :-)  This particular salad is made with Olivia's Spring Mix (one of my favorites when my own garden is not producing lettuce) topped with a fuji apple sliced fairly thing, craisins - I think my love of this ingredient is already known on this blog, blue cheese and some pecans.  I topped it off with my new favorite dressing, Panera Bread's Fuji Apple Dressing.  I love that stuff!  If I'm not having a fruit salad, honey mustard is my top pick, but the Fuji Apple is pretty amazing stuff.  I found a whole thread of info related to this dressing here, so it's not just me who thinks it's great.  I do want to try my hand at making it myself next time around. 

So, besides eating salad, what else have I been up to?  Well, I made a pumpkin roll yesterday to surprise the hubby when he woke up, and then I made some oatmeal bread.  It seems to be the only bread I've been making lately so I know it's a favorite.  Last night hubby and I both ran, but at separate locations because of daylight savings time, so I cheated and we ate take out paninis from the little Italian restaurant we love.  I love their crabcake paninis!!!  I'm a big time Old Bay girl, so it took some getting used to with a more Italian infused flavor, but now I am completely in love with them.  They also have a crab cake platter with two huge crabcakes stuffed with gorgonzola cheese and apples.  Heavenly!!!  I don't even attempt to recreate them because it's more fun just ordering them.  The chef there is amazing to watch and I can't begin to describe the heavenly aromas when you walk in the door.  They do it right, that's for sure!  So glad we live nearby...

I hope everyone has a wonderful day and has enjoyed my salad view...I'm slowly adding meat back into my diet but I don't think I'll ever give up the meat-free salads!

No comments:

Post a Comment