Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Fall Leftover Casserole

Doesn't this just look like a bite of fall flavor?
Really, I am not sure what else I would call tonight's dinner.  It was so pretty...very similar to the Jamaican Jumble I made a few months ago, but in a completely different category at the same time.  It had all the basic fall components...squash, swiss chard, cranberries, pecans; and just because we had some leftover in the fridge, diced pork tenderloin.  I used a sweeter spice mix with it -  cinnamon, clove, allspice - and baked everything but the cranberries and pecans together.  I reduced the cranberries and pecans down on the stove into a sort of chutney texture and spread that on top of the casserole before serving.  I loved it.  And I loved that it was a healthy meal, and cleaned out some leftovers.  A win-win!! 

Still haven't worked out the Thanksgiving menu.  Seems like I just am avoiding it so I need to just sit and force myself to work out.  I was thinking about it while I ran last night but just ended up drifting off and letting my mind wander while I pounded the pavement.  I guess I needed that more!! 

2 comments:

  1. This looks outstanding. I never would have thought of the combination and I think the idea of sweeter spices is perfect to bring out the fall flavors. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Julie! I love casserole - so many possibilities!

    ReplyDelete