Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Wednesday's ramblings

I started out this morning determined to not serve quick and easy to the daycare kids so I used some instant oatmeal in the cupboard as the base for a healthy muffin.  Muffins are not typically great results for me, but these were pretty good.  I used 3 packets of blueberry muffin oatmeal, added in about a cup of milk, 3 teaspoons of baking powder an egg, and a tablespoon of melted butter.  In the end, I wish I had used 2 tablespoons of butter but other than that, it was a great little muffin and the kids ate them up!  I bet fresh blueberries could also be added to make them even more healthy and moist.

Tonight's a dinner out for me and the hubby!  I love those date nights - I think we're headed for Mexican food and I am pretty excited.  I never did get around to my weekly menu, but so far we've avoided the take out call.  Tonight's meal was planned already so I'm giving myself a pass to enjoy.  Not to mention it's raining here again and I am not seeing a pleasant run in my future with a chilly rain + the beginning of a chest cold.  We're already signed up to run a 10 mile run on Sunday so I want to give myself permission to rest a bit before then and hopefully knock this cold out of me.  All of the daycare kids have been sick so I'm sure this is just a byproduct of my profession. 

Happy Wednesday everyone!  I hope it's a great rest of the week...hopefully I'll have more yummy stuff to share soon!

2 comments:

  1. Your muffins look perfect! And I love your shortcut with the oatmeal packets :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! We're not big instant oatmeal people, so I'm not sure how the ended up in the cupboard, but I'm glad they did!

    ReplyDelete