Monday, September 10, 2012

Raspberry Granola Muffins

On the heels of my crazy-busy week wrapping up last week, a new addition was welcomed into our daycare family, which really is more like our own extended family.  I felt bad I had so little time to pull something together to celebrate the new little boy in their household, but as a quick treat, I decided to make some muffins.  I chose the muffin for a few reasons:  First, their oldest (love saying that!) son loves my muffins - okay, I tell myself it's my muffins, but really I think he just loves muffins. We'll just go with that as is.  Next, muffins are versatile.  They're breakfast, they're dessert, they're a snack.  All in all, they're whatever you need them to be.  I've used a muffin as an anchor to a lunch meal on a crazy day and the kids are thrilled beyond belief to find a muffin on their plate.  Lastly, muffins are easy to put together, cook quicker than most other baked goods and are still reasonably healthy.

With that in mind, I set to work making some muffins.  And I decided that muffins were loved enough by their son I could experiment a bit and he'd still eat them.  I don't think I needed to worry at all because when I dropped them off, he had almost a whole muffin polished off in the few minutes I had to spare cuddling his little brother.  I love kids.



These are the muffins I brought to them. Are they not beautiful??  And, although I was throwing things together, I do have a recipe!  Hurray!

Raspberry Granola Muffins

Makes about 1 dozen

Ingredients:

  • 1/2 c granola of your choice (I used an organic raspberries and cream blend)

  • 3/4 c sugar

  • 1 1/4 c flour

  • 1/2 T baking soda

  • 1/4 c oil (I used a bit less than this but it was close)

  • 1/2 c plain yogurt

  • 1 beaten egg

  • 1/2 c raspberries (fresh or frozen)


Directions:

  1. Preheat oven to 350 and either line or grease muffin tin

  2. Mix all dry ingredients together first and then add wet ingredients to them.  Mix well.

  3. Add raspberries and gently fold in.

  4. Fill muffin cups 3/4 of the way full and put in oven.

  5. Bake for about 15-18 minutes or until top springs back when touched lightly and is slightly browned.

  6. Let cool for about 5 minutes before removing from pan.


I hope you enjoy these muffins as much as he did!!!

Enjoy,

Sheri

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment