Thursday, September 13, 2012

Homemade Pop Tarts

This morning I decided I was going to make pop tarts for breakfast.  The daycare kids' reaction?  "What's a pop tart?"  Their parents have raised them well.  But, even if they didn't know what a pop tart was, they sure knew how to eat it.  And ask for seconds.  And ask if I was sure they couldn't have seconds about a half hour later.  Apparently this is one of those recipes you just keep on craving.



Aren't they adorable?  And delicious looking??  Even now, I'm wishing I could have another bite.  I found the recipe over at Peas and Thank You and was hooked!  I will confess it has taken me months to actually convince myself I had time in the morning to make them.  Today is a pajama day here at daycare and it just seemed like the right breakfast!



I did try and add some sprinkles onto the poptarts but the icing set so quickly that they just rolled off, but nobody seemed to mind all that much!



So, don't wait months to make these...because it took so little time to make that I know they'll be on my rotation much more frequently.  I used my food processor and it really made the process even quicker and the dough was perfect.  I did have to use a bit more water than called for but that was because I used organic sugar in place of the maple syrup or agave nectar.

I hope you enjoy them too!!

Sheri

1 comment: