Thursday, September 6, 2012

Garlic Lemon Rosemary Chicken

Thursday already? I am so behind!  Good thing Alyssa at Cooking from a SAHM is to my rescue with another guest post!

Enjoy,

Sheri

 

Hello Everyone,

I can not believe Thursday is here already. This Thursday I decided to share with you my Rosemary Garlic Lemon Chicken w/ vegetables. It was my first recipe in my new to me Electric Roaster oven. It is such a handy thing to have. We found it at a yard sale for $5 and it has never been used. :-) It is a Rival 16 quart. It is so nice that I can make a whole chicken or even leg quarters without even having to turn the oven on.  This recipe is really good, fresh tasting, and easy.  Now you can use this same recipe and put it in the oven... Since the weather is getting cooler here slowly, I am excited about having my oven on :-) I really hope that you enjoy this recipe.



 

Garlic, Rosemary Lemon Chicken


3 Leg quarters (you can do this same thing on a whole chicken)

1 sprig of Rosemary

Minced Garlic ( enough to spread on chicken, and stuff in skin)

Salt and Pepper to taste

1/2 Tsp of Lemon juice on each chicken

1 Vadalia Onion chopped

4 stocks of celery chopped

5 Carrots chopped( I'd cut up more)

 

I started by cutting up all your veggies. Then I stripped all the rosemary off the stems. I chopped them small. Put all those in a bowls. Set them aside. Take your chicken and take a knife. Slit the skin open a bit. Take your finger and stick it in the skin and open the skin up a bit. Then stuff it with garlic. Making sure garlic is spread everywhere in the skin. Take more minced garlic and rub it on the top of the chicken. Sprinkle with the chopped rosemary. Put it in a pan. Salt and pepper to taste.  Take your chopped veggies and put them over the chicken. Pour about 3/4 Cup of water. Pour 1/2 tsp of Lemon juice on each chicken. Cover. Bake 350 until done and skin is browned. Make sure veggies are tender.

No comments:

Post a Comment