Sunday, December 30, 2012

My Sweet Tooth

Have I ever mentioned that I am a sweetsaholic?  Is that a word?  If not, it should be.  Hello, my name is Sheri, and I am a sweetsaholic.  I wish I knew a way to break free...but I do take solace in the fact that my current obsessions look like this Chocolate Cake Batter smoothie I found over at Oh She Glows.  This is definitely the way to start a morning! 1-019

And I tend toward making healthier versions of desserts - particularly nice if they are one serving desserts.  Like this Strawberry Cobbler I made for the hubby last night...guess I'm not the only one with a sweet tooth around here!

1-013

I did use a recipe from Domestic Fits, but I added in some organic quick oats and a little extra milk.  It tasted pretty amazing!  And was one of the easiest things I'd made in awhile.  I love the one serving recipes especially because we can make different things to match our mood.  So, he had cobbler and I had one of my favorite things...granola mixed with vanilla yogurt.  Heaven!  I eat that a lot for breakfast during the week when it's just me.  We go through ALOT of granola in this house!!

I'm glad to be able to find healthy ways to soothe my sweets obsessions.  I can't keep candy and that sort of thing in the house because I just won't leave it be, and it's never me that buys it anyway.  I am so self controlled in some things but sweets aren't one of them.

So, I'm wondering how often I can manage to work that Chocolate Cake Batter smoothie into our daily routine before the hubby calls me out on it?  Good thing I like to run, huh?

Sheri

 

No comments:

Post a Comment