Tuesday, December 4, 2012

December. To-do lists everywhere.

Do you make to-do lists?  On any given day, I have several going.  One for homeschool, one for the household, one on my desk, one for daycare...you get the idea.  It's craziness.  Well, really I think this is an example of how crazy I am.  Another example?  If I planned to put something on the list, but didn't and then I do it, I write it on the list JUST. TO. CROSS. IT. OFF.  I can't believe I just told you that.  I'm certifiable sometimes I think.

But I'm an organized crazy person.  And isn't that important?

So, this time of year has so much going on at once that I alternate between feeling scattered and lost and accomplished and on top of things.  Something like this.  Sunday night comes and I'm done all the wrapping of presents, my house is clean, my menu is made for the week and then....Monday morning comes!  I realize I forgot to schedule the milk delivery so breakfast  menu has to change.  More presents I ordered online arrive and have to be wrapped and to add to my misery, a gift arrives broken that needs to be returned.  Kinda defeats the whole order online for convenience thing, huh?

And I'm working on a Christmas program with the daycare kids for the parents, we went to a local park to see lights and we've got a busy few weeks in December to get through and enjoy!  Two of my kids are leaving me in the fall for kindergarten and I want to enjoy every second with them that I can.  Even if it means we're a bit busier than normal!

On top of everything, we're dealing with all the future planning because of hubby's eyes.  We traded in both cars on one car a few weeks ago and that was a good move, but seemed so final. So real. I know it's real.  But making plans and taking steps makes it more real.  As if that makes sense.

So, I know my posts are scattered here and there and I'm not even talking about food as much lately but a homemade life isn't all food...it's home.  :)

Now, can someone teach me how to make kombucha.  Like I need another thing on my to do list but I am ADDICTED and going broke buying it!

 

Sheri

1 comment: