Sunday, February 10, 2013

Quick Peanut Butter Mousse

I think we've all figured out by now that the hubby likes dessert.  And peanut butter.  And we're usually running here and there and don't have tons of time for a full out dessert.  Add to that the fact that I'm a sweets addict and I am not to be trusted with a whole cake of any kind.  :)  So, yesterday, the hubby asked about dessert and I suggested mug cakes which have been our go-to lately.  I then went looking for a recipe.  I am not even sure where I found it but the mug cake itself was not good.  Ugh.  I HATE wasting high quality ingredients on something that I won't eat.  Does anyone else feel like that?  But I couldn't do it. Into the trash the cake went.  However....there was a silver lining to the cloud.  I made a quick peanut butter mousse to go on top of it and it was amazing!!!

1-007

At least the cake looked for it's photo shoot.  :)

Seriously though, that mousse was enough dessert all by itself.  So much so that it was dessert today again after our run and veggie quesadillas.

How to make it?  I used an 8 oz block of softened organic cream cheese, about 1/4 cup of powdered sugar, about 1/2 cup of organic peanut butter, a splash of vanilla and some almond milk.  I used my mixer on high for about 1 minute and it was done.  That is seriously an easy dessert that tastes heavenly!

I went for some great runs this week too!  I tried out my new trail shoes (Altra Lone Peaks) for a 7 mile run on some of my favorite trails yesterday while doing the Virtual Run for Sherry.  I was so glad to be a part of something that makes people aware of the dangers that can lie out there for us runners, and just people in general.  Keep awareness up while showing that it won't stop us is one way to we can strike back.  Living in fear is no way to live.  I was proud to #run for Sherry yesterday and I want to thank Beth from Shut Up and Run for being open about her loss and organizing all of us to make something positive come from her cousin Sherry's death.

1-67202_10200611038986261_1952535040_n

When I am doing something I love, I tend to get lost in it.  Whether it's cooking, running or cleaning (yes, I really do love to clean) I am at peace, and have found my joy.  Not every moment is like that but I really strive for it.  And I'm learning that surrounding myself with people who care about me and who I care about is all the joy I need, because being a part of their lives is something I love as much as cooking and running.  Life is imperfect and every day is not promised to us.  Living life "fearlessly but aware" is the best I can do.  So, my run for Sherry has reminded me of that.  I will cherish and love my family and friends, take each day as the gift it is, and keep moving forward even when things aren't as good as they can be.  There just is no other way to live.  Lately I've been struggling with some things and I needed to remember all of that so badly.

I'll end today with some of my most favorite thoughts/quotes for how I want to live my life and what I hope people see when they see me...

1. She stood in the storm and when the wind did not blow her way, she adjusted her sails. - Elizabeth Edwards

2. There is always, always, always something to be thankful for.

3. Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching. - C.S. Lewis

4. When you choose to forgive those that hurt you, you take away their power over you.

5. For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others.  For beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness.  And for poise, walk with the knowledge that you never walk alone.  Audrey Hepburn

I could go on and on, but I think you've heard me babble on enough!

Sheri

 

2 comments: