Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Biscoff Spread is Evil

So, I never should have bought that jar of Biscoff Spread.  I mean, I read the label.  Enough said.  It wasn't the kind of food I buy, but while I was looking at the organic jams, my eyes wandered over the jar sitting there.  On sale.  Now, I've looked at it before.  I mean, a few months ago it seemed like every blogger out there was making something out of it.  And I'd never tasted it.  I'd read the label and put it back on the shelf.  For some reason, this day, I didn't.  But I should have.  It's the definition of junk food.  I mean, a spread made out of crushed cookies and all kinds of oils??  But it was good.  I mean, really good.  Well, not good but insanely tasty and addictive.  That's not good.  Finally, after I'd eaten it on an apple and a banana (two different meals at least) I knew it had to go.  It just wasn't a good thing to have in my house.

So, after a few google searches I came up with the answer.  Use it in my baked oatmeal this morning.  Whew!  Crisis averted.  It served as the fat and sugar component of the baked oatmeal and it used up the whole jar.  I was so thankful to see it empty.  No more calling to me from the cupboard.  And, a plus was that the baked oatmeal was really tasty.  Okay, so not tasty enough to make me buy that spread again, but definitely tasty enough to make me understand everyone's obsession with it.  :)

1-008

I used this recipe here at Inside Brucrew Life and only tweaked it a bit.  I didn't add that much sugar because the biscoff spread is sweet, I didn't add any cinnamon, and I made it in an 8" X 11" pan, not 9"X13".  It's that kind of customizable recipe.

The daycare kids declared it delicious and I agree.  I will make it from now on with another nut butter in it's place and I'm sure it will be just as good.  Because, remember, no more biscoff spread here.  Ever.  Lesson Learned!

So, what's the one thing you remember buying and wishing you'd never found?  I can't be the only one...

Enjoy your day!

Sheri

No comments:

Post a Comment