Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Pictures...Nope. Lots to say? Yep.

I haven't picked up my camera in weeks.  At first, I was stressed, just wondering what was wrong with me, but then, I decided to not force something that I love to be that something I love and just go with it.  And I have...I've gone right off the map...  Okay, not off the map, but I have been quiet and not writing.  I guess we all need those introspective times, and I've been thankful to have the chance to do that.

This past weekend, I went away with a group of friends to Winefest in Ocean City.  This is an annual trip that I've done for three years now.  You may remember me mentioning it in last years blog post on HSH.    This year's Saturday menu was created by my wonderful friend, Lisa and her mom, Karen and it was a full out Mexican buffet. It was pretty delicious.  She even made sure to have veggie-eater friendly stuff just for me.  I hate to cause more work, but you can't help but feel loved when people do stuff like that for you.

We had our biggest group ever this year - 8 - and it was a great mix of personalities.  We just laughed and had a good time all weekend.  We had a rough start to our weekend sitting on a closed highway in Delaware for four hours but being in the car with 3 friends and being able to call and laugh with everyone already in Ocean City made it tolerable.  It was smooth sailing after that and we had a great weekend.  I even managed to squeeze in a 5 mile run Sunday morning while the sun was rising.  There is no comparison to that.  I love running on the boardwalk and being able to see the sky changing color and reflecting off of the water was amazing.  But, all too quickly, it was time to head back to home and getting ready to dive back into the workweek.  But that little retreat made me feel a little more like myself.  Life will always have it's ups and downs and that's what makes it life.  I try not to dwell on the stresses anymore but sometimes they start to pile up and I don't even realize it.

So, I am working hard at feeling like me, and I am enjoying my cooking adventures so much more again.  I think right now one of my biggest cooking stresses is feeling torn between how everyone in the house wants to eat.  Is it like that in your house?  I have basically returned to vegan and am trying to stomach the occasional dairy product to keep my b12 up. I asked my doctor to test my b12 and iron levels, so hopefully I'll know that soon and can plan better?  But in the meantime, the hubby is eating vegetarian with the occasional fish added in because that's how feels best and on top of that, the boy wants nothing but processed meats and snacks all the time.  I don't buy that so he eats out all of the time, even when I try to explain how awful it is for him.  I know at 17 he's not listening much but I keep hoping it will sink in.  So, I never know what to make anymore.  It's a difficult thing.  Anyone else go through the same thing?  I'd love to hear how blended diet households do it.

Enjoy your day!

Sheri

No comments:

Post a Comment