Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Summer's Here!

I feel like I am away from the computer so much lately...and that's a very good thing!  Other than the rainy few days we've had lately, it has been outside as much as is physically possible for me and the hubby and the daycare kiddos too.  Tonight I am excited to be sleeping in my own bed after sharing a tent with two 3 year olds, a 5 year old and my preteen niece last night.  On my own.  Hubby dropped us off at the campground for the night and headed to work so it was just us.  And we had a fantastic time.  We really did.  I did not, however, get very good sleep.  I started to but then was woke up by the noisy tent neighbors next to us at midnight  when they came back and proceeded to make all kinds of noise.  The kids in our tent slept away but I was wide awake.  Then, at 12:30 or so I was almost back to sleep when a face appeared in front of mine..."Miss Sheri, I have to pee" and we headed next door to the bathroom.  Back to the mat, and back to sleep after about an hour of tossing and turning and the brother of the 12:30 bathroom call needed to also go to the bathroom.  Except when I unzipped the tent, he thought that meant, pee here, and pulled his pjs down.  Took some effort to convince him to keep moving along and head into the bathroom instead.  But I did and he did.  Back to bed, and finally, we all made it to morning.  7 and time for breakfast and trying to keep them out of the lake until the beach opened at 8 was proving difficult.  So, we headed out to the woods for a hike.  And, me, the trail runner forgot my shoes.  So, at one of the muddiest, messiest places I run, I hiked in flip flops.  It's sorta funny. Now.

Then we rounded out our day playing in the sand, splashing in the water and roasting more marshmallows than probably was a good idea and just enjoying being outdoors.  I loved it.  I needed it.  But I was even more glad to go home and take a shower and am looking forward to heading into my own bed tonight for some much needed z's.  And tomorrow I have the whole day to myself.  Wanna bet I'll be outside for at least part of it?  I have no plans but I know I'll find something to do and I have some vacation plans to make too.  Camping reservations....here we come!

What's your favorite summer activity...outside or otherwise?

Sheri

No comments:

Post a Comment