Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Muffins with Triple the Tastiness

I often make banana muffins for the daycare kids.  That's not really anything spectacular.  But throw in a handful of blueberries and strawberries and that's something special.  And tasty.  Definitely tasty.  I also tried to keep the sugar content down because all that fruit really sweetens things up naturally.

1-001

I think the kids appreciated the effort because these were gone in a flash!  I am glad I was able to snap some pics to share before the pan was empty.  But it's okay because I like serving foods that fuel their play in a healthy way.

Here's my recipe:

Ingredients

  • 1 3/4 c flour

  • 2-3 T sugar ( I use organic, unrefined)

  • 1/4 c honey

  • 2 t baking powder

  • 1 t vanilla

  • 1/4 t salt

  • 2 large mashed bananas

  • 1 egg

  • 1/2 - 3/4 milk

  • 1/4 c melter butter or oil

  • 1/4 c chopped strawberries

  • 1/4 c blueberries


Directions:

Preheat oven to 400 F.  Line muffin tin with paper liners or grease well. Mash bananas and mix with honey, sugar and egg.  Mix remaining dry ingredients in a separate bowl and then add to wet and mix until well incorporated, but don't overmix because it makes the muffins tough.  Start with 1/2 c of milk and add until the mixture moves freely and can be spooned into muffin tins.  Fold in strawberries and blueberries.  Spoon into muffin tins, about 3/4 way full.  Bake for about 15 -20 minutes or until browned.

1-005

What a great start to the day!  I hope you get to enjoy the day no matter where you are!

Sheri

No comments:

Post a Comment