Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Back to Reality

This past weekend, I headed to Ocean City, MD with several friends for our annual Winefest weekend.  It was a fantastic time.  We sampled wine all day Saturday by the beach and were blessed with beautiful weather.  Then, Saturday night, a friend, Lisa, and her mom, Karen, treated us to a beautiful fondue spread worthy of any special event.  It was a beautiful cap to a beautiful day.  We had two bouillons, two cheeses and two desserts.  Yummy stuff!!!  I wish I could say I had recipes to share, but trust me, it was fantastic.  I will have to ask Lisa for recipes to share with you.  Her mom and her are the masterminds with fondue pots!


So, forgive me for not blogging sooner.  I got hit with a cold on our return and have been struggling to get "back to reality" while recovering from a cold and missing our ocean view.  Last night I did finally get up and make dinner.  Italian Chicken Subs.  I thought it was pretty impressive given the level of "cold-weary" I felt.  Tonight Spaghetti is on the menu and I am thankful for an easy to cook but comfort food sort of meal.  I am feeling so much better but not 100% yet so it should be a nice evening.  I would love to get out and run this cold out of me, but I'm just not sure that my legs would cooperate!!

Hope everyone is having a great week!  Hopefully I'll make something blog-worthy in the coming days.  :-)

1 comment: