Friday, September 2, 2011

Starting the Weekend Right! With Cinnamon Buns, of course!

Today was bread making morning and as I was rolling out the dough, I got the sudden urge to make Cinnamon Buns.  So, after rolling out enough dough for one loaf, I set to work on making the other lump of bread into ooey, gooey deliciousness.

After spreading butter, cinnamon, sugar and sprinkling some pecans on the rectangle of dough, I rolled it up into a loaf shape and cut out about 1" sections.  These were then placed in a pan that was waiting that I had buttered, added brown sugar and some more pecans in.  Once all sections were cut and placed, I let the batch rise for about 20 minutes and popped into a preheated oven at 375 for about 20 minutes.  Be sure to put them on the middle rack because the top will brown quickly.  You can tent foil over it for about 10 minutes in the beginning if you like but make sure to removed it to get some browning at the end. 



Once it comes out of the oven, pop it over onto a plate or serving platter right away so the sugar doesn't set and make the rolls stick.  Then, you could let them cool, or frost them, or do anything that involves another step, but for me this is the best next step...


I'm so ready for fall and all of it's baking splendor.  Summer baking is just not the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment